Whatcom County Naloxone Pickup Locations
Call 911 if there are signs and symptoms of overdose and then use Naloxone if available.
Administering Naloxone (opioid reversal drug)
- Nasal and injection kits are available to the public. The Statewide Standing Order to Dispense Naloxone (PDF) can be used as a prescription for naloxone. People may take this standing order to a pharmacy to get naloxone, instead of going to a health care provider to get a prescription. Find out more at: www.doh.wa.gov.
- Some individuals are non-responsive after the first dosage. A second or third dosage may be required.
- Observation needed-If you have administered Naloxone and revived someone, still seek medical help. The effects of an opiate may come back and cause death.
Good Samaritan Law helps protect you!
- What you need to know about the Good Samaritan Law
- Download a wallet card here.
- Download an informational flyer here.