Whatcom County Naloxone Pickup Locations
Call 911 if there are signs and symptoms of overdose and then use Naloxone if available.
Administering Naloxone (opioid reversal drug)
- Nasal and injection kits are available to the public. The Statewide Standing Order to Dispense Naloxone (PDF) can be used as a prescription for naloxone. People may take this standing order to a pharmacy to get naloxone, instead of going to a health care provider to get a prescription. Find out more at: www.doh.wa.gov.
- Request Naloxone kits and access local overdose data and other information at whatcomoverdoseprevention.org
- Get Naloxone/Narcan mailed to you for free anywhere in Washington State at phra.org/mail-order-naloxone.
- Some individuals are non-responsive after the first dosage. A second or third dosage may be required.
- Observation needed-If you have administered Naloxone and revived someone, still seek medical help. The effects of an opiate may come back and cause death.